Friday, September 21, 2012

SEPTEMBER MIXED MEDIA CHALLENGE


I've been totally fascinated lately by the world of mixed media.  It is so diverse; there is no limit to the type or style of products that can be used, and (at least in my case) there is no determining how things are going to turn out.  

One of the blogs I've been following belongs to Limor Webber .  She teaches a ustream class every Tuesday night, and also posts a tutorial on youtube every Friday.  For September, she posted the following challenge. (Cut and pasted from her blog - I've added links for the sponsors ... they have been so generous!) 

SEPTEMBER MIXED MEDIA CONTEST RULES:


SPONSORS:
  1. UNITY STAMP COMPANY
  2. VIEWTAINERS
3 WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN THIS MONTH AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL WIN 5 UNITY STAMP SETS AND A PACKAGE OF 6 VIEWTAINERS VARYING IN SIZE FOR ALL YOUR CRAFTY GOODNESS. THE OTHER 2 WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN THIS MONTH!! EACH WINNER WILL RECEIVE 5 STAMPS SETS FROM UNITY STAMPS
THEME: "GIVING BACK"
Challenge Guidelines:
  1. Create a project of your choice -Canvas, Art Journal, Tag, Card, Altered item etc.
  2. Project must include at least 1 Recyled household item ( Example: Toilet paper roll, soda can, bottle cap, cereal box etc)
  3. Include at least 1 stamp in your project ( Of course we would love to see you use Unity Stamps but not required)
  4. Theme: this project must be for someone in your life that could use their spirits lifted or someone you just knew this would make a difference with if they received somthing from you.  It could also be someone you know that has been active in your community and making a difference, you decide.
  5. Have a blast!!!!!
Contest Ends on Sept 30th Midnight MST.
HOW DO YOU ENTER: EITHER MAKE A VIDEO RESPONSE TO MY CONTEST VIDEO OR SUBMIT YOUR BLOG POST TO MY BLOG POST ( SAME AS THIS PAST MONTH)

So ... here I went!

1. I chose a canvas. This is what it looked like covered with paper.




2. I used the front of a dye package for my recycled item.  I had no reason at the time, it just seemed like a good idea.


3. I chose Autumn Leaves stamps for my project - I don't yet have any Unity Stamps ... they'll be on my Christmas list for sure!!!!

4. Here's hoping that my friend likes this - if not, I hope she pretends she likes it before stuffing it in a closet somewhere and never telling me the difference!  LOL  She deserves all that is good in life ... whether that includes my creations or not I don't know, but in every life uncertainty must fall!

5. This is my 5th attempt at mixed media, and I've loved every minute of it!  Who knew I could get paint, ink, and glue all over my hands and still have fun? Maybe next year I'll convince myself that a well kept garden is a work of art and not get grossed out by soil under my fingernails!  Well, here is my result ...


I've decided that faces are not my forte, but I had a lot of giggles figuring that out.  The challenge was in getting her to NOT look like a psychopath!  I should have done red hair and pretended she was Queen Elizabeth the 1st!

Supplies by:
Canvas Corp LLC, Bo Bunny, Artists Loft, DecoArt, Clearsnap, Prima, Making Memories, stuff from my stash ...

Thanks for looking ~ Esther  

No comments:

Post a Comment